6 Awesome ThingsPosted: April 9, 2013
1. Getting into bed after you have just changed the sheets. I didn’t realize just how awesome this was until the other day. After all of the years that I have been changing my sheets and making my bed (okay, I’m not very good at making my bed everyday), I never fully appreciated how nice it is to get into a freshly made bed with new sheets. It’s soft and clean and just feels good. It’s one of my new favorite things. Wow.
2. Coffee. I was never a big coffee drinker–until this year anyway. Let me just tell you how awesome coffee is. Imagine this: I was up late studying and have to get up early for class. After dragging myself out of bed and attempting to look semi-presentable, I realize just how sore and exhausted I am from doing homework and practice. THEN I make a cup of coffee, a miracle elixir that will give me energy to make it through the day because of this wonderful thing called caffeine. How have I not discovered this before?!
3. Beer. Drink beer, get drunk. Enough said.
4. Grabbing the exact number of whatever you need. Okay, I might be the only one who ever notices this, but when I blindly grab the right amount of hangers for the amount of clothes I have to hang, I get really excited. It means I don’t have to go back to get more, which is especially important because I can be really lazy sometimes.
5. Country music (with beer). Let me first say that country music is the best kind of music. Without a doubt. But there is something about drinking beer and listening to country music on a hot summer day that is just awesome. Country music is the best drinking music!
6. The sun. What is that giant fiery ball in the sky? Why is it so bright out?! Those are just a few of the thoughts that ran through my this past week when the sun finally made an appearance in dreary Ithaca. Now that it’s starting to warm up, I’ve realized that I love that fiery ball in the sky. It’s warm and–what do you know–when the sun is out I’m much happier! Woah!